Key Accomplishments at PCC during Jim Osterling’s
tenure as a trustee and Board officer – 2015 to Present
- Regained full Accreditation
- Orderly transition to a new Superintendent following the predecessor’s retirement.
- Maintained stable enrollment while most peer colleges are experiencing declines.
Prudent Financial Management
- Maintained balanced budgets.
- Contributed substantial funds to reserves for known future increases in employee benefits costs.
- Financial statements received clean audit opinions.
Proven Educational Excellence
- Recognized, twice in a row, by the Aspen Institute as one of the nation’s Top Ten community colleges for Student Success and Student Equity.
- Recognized as the Top community college in CA for granting Associate Degrees for transfer to 4-year universities in granting Associate Degrees for
- transfer to 4-year universities,
- Minority Students
- Military Veterans
- Increased diversity of faculty and staff.
Engagement with Community and PPC District K-12 Schools
- Opened fourth campus in the District – PCC Northwest, at John Muir High School
- Dual Enrollment Agreements with most K-12 schools in PCC’s District– more in planning.
- Guided Pathways for In-District students – Increased retention and persistence.