during Jim Osterling’s term as trustee and officer – 2016 to Present
- PROVEN EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE
- Recognized, twice, by the Aspen Institute as one of the nation’s Top Ten community colleges for Student Success and Student Equity.
- Recognized as the Top community college in CA in granting Associate Degrees for
- transfer to 4-year universities,
- Minority Students
- Military Veterans
- Increased diversity of faculty and staff.
- SOUND GOVERNANCE
- Regained full Accreditation
- Orderly transition to a new Superintendent following the predecessor’s retirement.
- Maintained stable enrollment while most peer colleges are experiencing declines.
PRUDENT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Maintained balanced budgets.
- Contributed substantial funds to reserves for known future increases in employee benefits costs.
- Financial statements received clean audit opinions.
ENGAGEMENT WITH COMMUNITY AND PCC DISTRICT K-12 SCHOOLS
- Opened fourth satellite location in the District – PCC Northwest, at John Muir High School
- Dual Enrollment Agreements with most K-12 schools in PCC’s District– more in planning.
- Guided Pathways for In-District students – Increased retention and persistence.