I bring extensive experience – as a University Professor, a chief financial executive, business owner and member of educational, corporate, civic and philanthropic boards of directors – to the critical decisions that are required of a PCC trustee and Board Chair/President.
- PCC – Current Board Chair/President, Past Board Vice-Chair/Vice-President and Past Board Clerk
- ACCT – Association of Community College Trustees (National Organization) – Chair – Nominating Committee – Pacific Region
- LACSTA – Los Angeles County School Trustees Association – Executive Board Member, Past President, Vice-President and Program Chair. LACSTA is the county wide association for K-12 and Community College board members, providing educational programs and best practices exchanges with peer board members.
- Pasadena Rotary Club – past board member – Rotary is an international service organization dedicated to eradicating Polio worldwide and to local community service and philanthropy.
- Arroyos & Foothills Conservancy (AFC) – Past Board Member and Treasurer – AFC is a land trust that is preserving wildlife habitat by acquiring important wildlife corridors in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains.
- Villa Riviera Estates (VRE) – Santa Barbara, CA. VRE provides affordable housing for the workforce at its affiliate organization, the Cottage Health Care System, the largest hospital and health care provider in Santa Barbara County.
I was an Associate Adjunct Professor for 10 years at the University of Southern California Sol Price School of Public Policy. I am passionate about teaching the next generation and assisting them to obtain internships and jobs in our industry. I retired from teaching after being elected to the PCC Board of Trustees to dedicate the time necessary to the governance of PCC.
Executive & Business Owner
I started my career as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with one of the Big 8 Public Accounting firms in Chicago, IL. Attending evening courses while working full time, I earned an MBA from Northwestern University. I then served for 17 years as the CFO and EVP for prominent Southern California Real Estate Corporations with large and complex annual budgets, many of which were several multiples in size of the PCC budget. I then started my own business in the real estate industry 17 years ago which continues to today.